From:
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 16:11:04 -0400
Subject: RE:      National Atlas of India]
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 09:39:40 +1000
From: Maura O'Connor <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Matthew
There are several editions of the National Atlas of India.  There are at
least two loose sets, then there are "bound" editions, ie loose plates
held in place by brass screws, in several volumes, each volume having
its own listing.  There is a new edition coming out at present.  I am
not familiar with the abridged edition. Our loose set, which we file in
with our maps, has no listing and we simply file in plate number order.
There are 300 plates in that set, some probably have several editions.
There is no listing for that lot.
I would suggest you separate out the "loose set" and keep in one
straight sequence.  If you then have plates from the"bound" set and no
cover and list, either interfile with the others or retain as a separate
list.  If it helps and I can obtain copies of the lists from the
volumes, I am happy to forward those to you.  Please let me know.  I
will need an address to send them on!
Yours sincerely
Maura O'Connor
Map Curator