From:
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:37:43 -0500
Subject: RE:      Large format color scanner query]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:31:25 -0800
From: Administrator <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
We have been using a Vidar Atlas P36 for approximately 5 months and have
found it to be a high quality device.  We've scanned about 800 pieces to
date and have had no significant problems and no damaged source
material, even though some of the documents are from the late 19th
century and have had damage.

We did not purchase the higher speed hardware key and have found that
it's not a necessity for now, although it is nice to have the option to
upgrade.

We have been scanning at 400dpi and have been using EasyTWAIN with
Photoshop to process the images.

Best Regards,

John Novak
Novacell Technologies