From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Huber, Tom
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 14:30:35 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 16:30:20 -0500
From: "Huber, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Shelving maps with covers <fwd>
Sender: "Huber, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>

Sue Ann,

Here at ISL we generally store them flat with the covers attached, but we do
have a few we keep folded and store them in our vertical files. Whether we
store them flat depends on the majority of the paper in the map as well as
its size. If the paper is somewhat stiff and the map is in the 17X11 area,
we put them in the VF. The rest go in with the general population.

Tom

Tom Huber

Map Librarian

Illinois State Library

300 S. 2nd.

Springfield, IL 62701-1796

(217) 782-5823

FAX: (217) 557-6737

Jesse White, Secretary of State and State Librarian