From:
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 1995 14:49:59 EDT
3 messages.-----------------------------------Johnnie

    : Thu, 8 Jun 1995 15:14:28 +0000
       : Re: Iceland

>We have an expedition of staff and students (including me!) going to North-
>east Iceland in the Summer. We have copies of the 250,000 Icelandic Survey
>maps for the whole island, but are looking for more detailed mapping. And
>particularly would be interested in knowing of any thematic maps available.
>Anywhere to the north-east of Myvatn area would be of interest, especially
>coastal areas. At the moment we are interested to know what might be
>available, where and (if for sale) how much. News / suggestions / offers
>of Digital data and satellite imagery, hard copy, historical mapping, all
>equally welcome.
>
>Many thanks
>
>Darius Bartlett

I had a word withour HOD Chris Caseldine who has led several trips to N
Iceland his reply was:

"Very few maps available for this area - what thereis is from
Landmaelingar - very expensive but best to contact them for info"

I may be able to dig out the address if you need it

Best wishes

Terry

Terry Bacon                          Telephone 01392 263245
Department of Geography              Fax 01392 263342
University of Exeter, UK             e mail [log in to unmask]

    :   Thu, 8 Jun 1995 09:03:50 -0400
    :   "Cheryl Woods, UWO" <[log in to unmask]>
       : Iceland map info

maps from there and I can tell you that there are 1:100,000 maps (87), 1:50,000
maps (102), and some 1:25,000 (17). There are also 10 tourist attraction places
(ie. national parks), geology, vegetation and road atlas 1:500,000 (78 pgs). We
didn't order all of this material but what we did receive is well done. You may
obtain a flyer with this info and price list by fax or mail from:
Landmaelingar Islands
Iceland Geodetic Survey
Laugavegur 178, PO Box 5060
125 Reykjavik, Iceland
Tel - 354-1-681611
Fax - 354-1-680614
of there is a German distributor:
Arktis Verlag Schehle, Bahnhofstr. 13
87435 Kempten/Allgau
Tel - 0831-5215921
Fax - 5215959

Cheryl Woods
Map Library
University of Western Ontario
London, Canada

    : Wed,  7 Jun 1995 13:44:00 -0700
       : Re: Iceland

          Suggest you look at p. 23, region 3, DEFENSE MAPPING AGENCY
          CATALOG OF MAPS, CHARTS, AND RELATED PRODUCTS (DMA stock no.
          CATP2VO1U) Hydrographic Products etc.  Perhaps some of these
          nautical charts  will put the right spin on your expedition.
          - PML