From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:47:45 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:29:51 +0100
From: Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum' <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: TPC maps (fwd)

Robyn Wall:

It is not the simple "same edition number" that should be the criterion
against which one might like to judge whether the identical item is being
sent out, but (for US-produced charts) the 2-part *printing* date-code.  For
'safety' we keep all different printings of all editions of TPCs and of ONCs
(and other maps and charts!).

Francis Herbert (Curator of Maps [& Charts]), RGS-IBG