From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2008 15:57:53 -0600
Subject:        Patron question regarding topo maps
Date:   Thu, 6 Mar 2008 16:43:40 -0500
From:   Mary Douglass <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Hello folks,
I think that some of you out there will be able to come up with a well
thought out answer for this question before I can think of where to look!
"Why on a 7.5 minute USGS Topo isn't the area map square? Since the map is
7.5 minutes X 7.5 minutes, it should be square. The map clearly is not
square and appears rectangular. Can you help with this dilemma?"
I've told the patron that I'm sending the question out to the "experts".

Mary Douglass
History, Travel and Maps Department at Seattle Public Library