From:
THOEN WILLIAM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1993 09:47:03 EDT
> We are looking for software/tables, etc. that will convert from
> Township & Range coordinates to Universal Transverse Mercator

Rusty,

Contact Geotech Computer Systems at (303) 740-9432.  I wrote a package for
them a while ago that was used to locate oil wells automatically by using
T & R coordinates.  The results are returned in lat/long or UTM (I think
that version has UTM).  Price was about $495, and the product is called
XY-Converter Plus.  You have to purchase the land grid separately, andI
believe it runs about 5-7 dollars a township.  GITI in Denver sells the
grid. There are other vendors that sell T&R grid from different surveys. If
you have locations like T 36 N - R 102 W sec 3 660 FNL 1320 FEL, you can
get actual mappable points out of this program.

- Bill Thoen