From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Becky Byrum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 12:52:36 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:43:57 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
From: Becky Byrum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Reference Question
Sender: Becky Byrum <[log in to unmask]>

Help!  I have a student who is attempting to identify two
towns, the names of which are written in Greek on an icon.
After searching in the few resources here, I have come up
with nothing.  The towns are: Argryropolis or Argruropolis
and Bartanton.  These have been transliterated from the
Greek on the icon that was made by "Nikolaos of
Agryropolis".  The icon is said to be of the Uniates
tradition which comes from Transylvania, S. Poland, Ukraine
and Lebanon according to his professor.  Any help in
locating these towns would be greatly appreciated.

Becky Byrum

Becky Byrum
Email: [log in to unmask]
Government Information Librarian
Moellering Library
Valparaiso University
Valparaiso, IN  46383
(219) 464-5771

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.

--- End Forwarded Message ---