From:
Mary Anne Waltz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 1994 17:34:13 EST
Syracuse University Library is relatively new to the area of electronic
maps and atlases.  We seem to have been concentrating all of our efforts
recently on our government documents CD-ROMs.  I would like to get an idea
of "what's out there" and also "what works" in order to plan to expand our
electronic cartographic resources (commercial products, that is.  We have
all the govt-produced products--TIGER, Global Relief, USGS series, etc.)

We have both a DOS and a Mac CD workstation.  We have MacGlobe and MacUSA
for the Mac, and we have AutoMap and MapExpert for DOS.  I would appreciate
if others who have more experience in this area would suggest other
products that work well and are useful in an academic environment.

If others are interested in this, I will summarize (a Top 10 kind of list)
for the listserv.

THANKS!!

Mary Anne Waltz
Head, Maps and Government Information Dept.
Syracuse University Library
Syracuse, NY  13244-2010
internet   [log in to unmask]
bitnet     [log in to unmask]