From:
Brian Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 16:51:07 EST
I am compiling a list of New Zealand maps published in nineteenth
century periodicals.   The project is virtually finished - I think
this should be my last request for information.

In the 1888 volume 10 issue of Deutsche geographische rundschau,
pages 289-299, there should be an article by R. von Lendenfeld titled
"Die Fjord Neuseelands".   This is accompanied by a map, which I have
not been able to find in New Zealand, and our inter-library loan
people seem to be having trouble obtaining the item.

If anyone has a copy of this periodical, could they please check the
map which accompanies the article.   I need to know the following
information please:

Title of map
scale
dimensions, height by width, measured within the neat lines
whether the map is coloured or black and white
any other details, about an engraver, lithographer, etc.
whereabouts in the journal the map appears, i.e. following page...

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian Marshall

Brian Marshall
Geography Librarian                        "It is not good for the
University of Auckland                     soul to travel faster than
Private Bag 92019                          the trot of a camel".
Auckland  New Zealand

Telephone 64 9 3737599 extn 8452