From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:53:41 -0600
Subject:        Re: USCGS 1860 slave map
Date:   Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:43:45 -0500
From:   Jason Glatz <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

Hello,

I have found that some browsers choke on large files (quite often .pdfs
or .tiffs). This usually happens when a file starts to download and then
"hangs" at certain point and never completes the download. You might be
able to fix this by by increasing the storage of your offline cache. In
Firefox it's Tools>Options>Advanced>Network>Offline Storage. In Internet
Explorer it's Tools>Internet Options>Browsing History>Settings>Disc
Space to Use. I'm not sure about Chrome, but I'd bet that it can be
adjusted, too. I usually set it to the maximum allowed storage.

Alternatively, you might try right clicking and saving the link to your
desktop/hard drive and then opening the saved file. If neither of these
solutions work, I'm out of ideas.

Jason Glatz
Maps Coordinator
Waldo Library 5353