From:
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1993 13:01:20 EDT
This message is from Niki Pissinoi.   I have edited out the part of the
message that was in a compressed format (and was 600 lines).  Please conract
Prof. Pissinoi for the additional information. ------Johnnie

-----------------------------------

        Niki Pissinou <[log in to unmask]>
      Sat, 31 Jul 93 17:44:39 PDT
         GIS WORKSHOP - CALL FOR PAPERS

We encourage submissions and distribution of the call for papers.

----------------GIS WORKSHOP : ASCII-----------------------------------

                        CALL FOR PAPERS

                    WORKSHOP ON ADVANCES IN

                 GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS

                November 5, 1993 - Washington, D.C.

                     Sponsored by ACM and ISCA

        In Conjunction with the ACM Conference on Information

        and Knowledge Management to be held November 1-5, 1993

____________________
|                  | THEME:
| GENERAL CHAIR    |
|                  |
|   K. Makki       | GIS'93 will serve as a forum for disseminating research
|     UNLV         | and experience in the emerging areas of geographic
|                  | information systems. GIS will bring together leading
| PROGRAM CHAIR    | researchers and developers in these areas and will
|                  | strive toward setting future research directions.
|  N. Pissinou     |
|     NSCEE        | Sessions are being organized on:
|                  |
| PROGRAM COMMITTEE|             o Spatial Reasoning
|                  |             o Time and Space
|    N. Adams      |             o Spatio-Temporal Knowledge
|     Rutgers      |             o Query Interfaces
|                  |             o User Interfaces
|   B. Bhargava    |             o Parallel and Distributed GIS
|     Purdue       |             o GIS Architectures
|                  |             o Heterogeneous Systems
|  M. Egenhofer    |             o Applications
| Univ. of Maine   |
|                  |
|   A.  Frank      |
|   TU Vienna      | PAPER SUBMISSION:
|                  |
|   J. Herring     |
|   Integraph      | Authors are invited to submit complete and original work.
|                  | Papers that may be submitted for consideration include
|     H. Tom       | those that have not previously been published in another
|      NIST        | forum, or are not currently being published or reviewed
|                  | by another journal or conference. All submitted papers
|    E.K. Park     | papers will be refereed for quality, correctness,
| US Naval Academy | originality and relevance. Of particular interest are
|                  | papers which address experiences with concrete GIS
|     K. Makki     | systems and applications.  Authors will be interested
|      UNLV        | to know that special issues of journals containing
|                  | outstanding papers from the workshop are being planned
| R. Loganantharaj |
|     CACS/USL     |
|                  | An extended abstract (at most three double spaced pages)
|     D. Mark      | should be submitted and received no later than Sept. 3.
|  SUNY Buffalo    | Longer abstracts may be considered for evaluation.
|                  | Submissions should include the title, author(s),
|    D. Peuquet    | author's affiliation, e-mail address, fax number and
|    Penn State    | postal address. In case of multiple authors, an indication
|                  | of which author is responsible for correspondence and
|     Pham         | preparing the camera ready paper for the proceedings
|   Rutgers Unv.   | should also be included. Five copies of the manuscript
|                  | should be submitted by Friday, September 3, 1993 to Dr
|   V. Raghavan    | Niki Pissinou, the Program Chair:
|    CACS/USL      |
|                  |            Professor Niki Pissinou
|    C. Shaffer    |             c/o Ms Chris Nienaber
|    Virg. Tech    |          National Supercomputing Center
|                  |          For Energy and the Environment
|    Y. Yesha      |                    Box 454028
|      UMBC        |            Las Vegas, Nevada 89154-4028
|  WORKSHOP CHAIR  |                Tel: (702) 895-4024
|                  |                Fax: (702) 895-4156
|    L. Rachid     |
|      UMD         | Electronic submission is  encouraged, in which case
|                  | the message SUBJECT should include GIS submission.
|                  |
|                  |
|    E.K. Park     | IMPORTANT DATES
|      USNA        |
| LOCAL ARRANGEMENT|
|                  | Paper submission deadline (up to 3pgs) : September 3, 1993
|   S. Busovaca    | Notification of acceptance             : September 14, 1993
|      CSUS        | Camera ready papers       (up to 6pgs) : September 22, 1993
|                  | Workshop date                          : November 5,  1993
|    H. Tom        |
|     NIST         |