Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 1995 15:01:28 EDT
Reply to: [log in to unmask]

 I have 'sat' silently on this list for a while ...

 I had hoped that someone would post a '.FAQ' or a WWW (etc...) site listing
'Photographs taken from Aircraft for the purpose of producing maps' (I don't
want a Polaroid out the window of the Tarmak).

 A recce photo is OK, but photographs similar to the ones available from
City Hall (at 2000 feet) would be better. Last I checked the Government's
official Air photographer was offering _excellent_ Photos of B.C. for
a low price, unfortunatley (at the time, anyways) they were on film and not
digital (which is the format I prefer, _even_ if 'scanned' in at 2400DPI from
a conventional photograph).

 If anyone knows of a source (WWW/Ftp/etc...) for Airphotos of the Pacific
Northwest (Washington State _&_ British Columbia) the info would be much
appreciated. Thanks in advance to those who respond.

PS: If you'd like the info also just write and I'll forward any replies to
   you when they have accumulated - If there is a great deal of interest
   then I'll post to the list for everyone (some peoples?) benifit.

Robert Clark
[log in to unmask]  UNIX(r) System V Release 4.0  [142.103.106.2]
http://www.freenet.vancouver.bc.ca    incoming:// 49 15 00 N   123 07 00 W
                                    .