From:
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 1995 09:08:07 EDT
These two messages are from Paige Andrew at PSU.----------Johnnie

(All professions seem to use acronyms but librarians are in a real HAG group
as they import acronyms from many other professions.  If you do not know the
acronym used please ask.   HAG = Heavy Acronym Gobblers
PSU = Piddling State University. or is that Post Scores Unceasingly ?, oh well
ask Paige.---------------------Johnnie 8#)

>Date: Mon, 09 Oct 1995 08:40:44 -0400 (EDT)
>From: [log in to unmask] (Paige Andrew)
>Subject: Re: acronyms

Okay folks, before this gets any more interesting in context:

GODORT is the Government and Documents Round Table of the American Libraries
Association

CUAC is the Cartographic Users Advisory Council, made of representatives
from all of the major U.S. library map organizations, e.g. ALA (see above),
the Special Libraries Association (SLA), the Western Map Libraries
Association (WAML) and so forth

DMA indeed is the U.S. Defense Mapping Agency

I don't remember which other acronyms came out of the original question, but
post any others and somebody on this list is bound to know what they stand for.

Paige

A little pop quiz: what does AACCCM stand for?

>Godort and Cuacmagert must surely be smelly (but delicious) french cheeses.
>DMA could well be (US) Defence Mapping Agency
>Whoknows?

Mr. Paige G. Andrew
Maps/Nonbook Cataloger
E506 Pattee Library
Pennsylvania State University Libraries
The Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA 16802
phone: 814-865-1755
fax: 814-863-7293

Oops, I missed MAGERT in my previous reply...

MAGERT = the Map and Geography Round Table of the American Libraries Association

Paige