From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:01:16 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:27:23 +0000
From: Grace Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Legal deposit for maps
Sender: Grace Welch <[log in to unmask]>

I have a colleague who is preparing a paper on legal deposit from a
very broad perspective. He is looking at how it is handled in various
countries and for all types of material.   He has not been able to
track down any information related to maps and came to me for help.
He has been filled in on legal deposit issues in Canada but would
like to learn how legal deposit of maps is handled in other
countries, particularly success stories.  If anyone is aware of any
published or unpublished sources for his paper, could you please let
me know and I will pass the information on to him.

He is also hoping to get information on the legal deposit of
maps in digital format (if this is being done anywhere).

If you aren't aware of any published sources, anecdotal information
would be of assistance.

Your assistance would be most appreciated.

Regards
Grace Welch

Grace Welch                Tel: (613) 562-5800, ext.3634
Map Librarian              Fax: (613) 562-5195
Map Library
University of Ottawa
65 University
Ottawa, Ont. K1N 9A5