From:
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2012 09:54:24 -0500
Subject: RE: Looking for the Maps accompanying Girolamo Petri's L'Orbe
                 Cattolico
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 15:34:26 +0100
From: Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship'

------------------
Other than 'WorldCat' (etc.), for locations of hard copies of the Petri
item, it is possible that the images you require are already online
(some free for use) already. You do not indicate whether you have
checked out the following -

[www.maphistory.info/imageindex.html] or, specifically -
[www.mapsandimages.it/eMaps/main.htm]

(This I've just checked the specific URL for 'author' search option for
Petri, but nothing there; the site owner, however, Prof. Vladimiro
Valerio of Venice & Naples, could well have the Petri item and would be
willing to help you in any way he can).

Francis Herbert (former Curator of Maps, Royal Geographical Society with
IBG)