From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:36:25 -0600
------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Start your map library the easy way
Date:   Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:34:49 -0700
From:   Brian M. Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

Map Collectors and Librarians

Over 30,000 USGS topographic maps with map cases (5 flatfiles) - organized
by state alphabetical - about 15,000 of them and also in flat boxes by
1:100,000 index region. These were obtained from the Fish and Wildlife
Service in Florida and also from a map distribution business I have sold
off, which had been in business since 1984.

The maps must be picked up from Broomfield, Colorado - so this would be a
great opportunity for any college library in the region that would like to
get a huge start on a library collection.  There are about 57,000 USGS maps
in the US.

Please respond to this email to arrange for pickup.  I will work with anyone
to help load a truck that you send out.  I plan to discard this collection
by the end of the year.

Brian M. Coleman
2730 Overlook Drive
Broomfield, CO  80020