From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:47:08 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:15:56 -0400
From: Tsering Wangyal Shawa <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Italy map (fwd)

Peter,
>Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:11:51 -0400
>From: Peter Linberger <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Italy map
>
>Anyone know of a web site for a digital shaded relief map of Italy?
>
>Peter Linberger
>Univ. of Akron

Are you looking for a scanned (digital) shaded relief map of Italy or a
geospatial data which have z value and can create a shaded relief map of
Italy?

If you are looking for a scanned shaded relief map of Italy then you can
download a JPEG image from this web site
(http://www.lib.utexas.edu/Libs/PCL/Map_collection/europe/Italy_rel96.jpg).
They have scanned the CIA's a shaded relief map of Italy and hyperlinked on
their web site. If you are looking for a geospatial data that has a z value
and wanted to create a shaded relief or hillshade map of Italy then you can
download the data from this web site
(http://edcdaac.usgs.gov/gtopo30/gtopo30.html). GTOPO30 data is good for a
regional analysis. You can make a great looking relief map from this data
set. If you need any help in processing the data let me know. I have used
this data and created a map of Tibet. If you want to see the result of
GTOPO30 data, here is the web site--still under
construction(http://gisserver.princeton.edu/sid/tibet/)

Thanks.
-Wangyal
Tsering Wangyal Shawa
Geographic Information Systems Librarian
Digital Map and Geospatial Information Center
Geosciences and Map Library
Guyot Hall, Princeton University
Princeton, NJ 08544
Phone: (609) 258-6804