From:
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2013 07:33:50 -0500
Subject:        Help with mystery cyrillic Yugoslav 25k maps?
Date:   Tue, 28 May 2013 01:27:26 +0000
From:   Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Carto-soc <[log in to unmask]>, mapsL
<[log in to unmask]>, AMC <[log in to unmask]>

The National Library of Australia has 5 sheets of a mystery
Yugoslav/Serbian series which we are trying to identify.

The sheets are 1:25,000, and cover 10' long. by 6' lat.
They are monochrome, with 10m contours.
All text (placenames and marginalia) is in Serbian Cyrillic.
The prime meridian is Greenwich.
There is no series title, publisher, date, compilation information,
legend, declination or other marginalia except the individual sheet name
at centre top and a scale statement/scale bar (3km in 100m units) at
centre bottom.

The 5 sheets we hold cover SW Serbia near the Bulgarian border (between
43 & 44 deg N, 22-23deg E).
(Romanised) titles held are: Osmakova, Sljivovik, Alexandrovac, Temska
& Dobro Jutro.
The longitudes on 2 sheets are incorrect (out by 10') which really
confused my attempt to index them until I twigged to it.

I would like to know:
- does anyone else have any sheets like these?
- is this a series of Serbia or all Yugoslavia?
- Who produced it, and when?
- Any other bibliographical information that anyone has.

Can anyone help?

Thank you,

Dr Brendan Whyte

Assistant Curator of Maps