From:
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 16:44:28 -0400
Subject:        [Fwd: Scale Statement]
Date:   Thu, 05 Aug 2004 14:53:03 -0500
From:   Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>

Thank you to those who replied to my inquiry regarding scale. I can't
agree more with everyone who says "read the book." Sometimes, reading
the book and finding so many crazy examples out in OCLC leaves one in
doubt (me).

So, thank you all for helping me to have this public conversation
regarding what is correct and what isn't correct.

I'm pasting below one other reply I received that succinctly summarized
the answer to this query.