From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:26:08 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 05:40:03 -0400
From: Stephen Baig <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: ETOPO5 DEM Data (fwd)

At 03:40 PM 10-09-98 -0400, you wrote:

<excerpt>

Does anyone have a utility that will convert ETOPO5 DEM data into either
MapInfo or ArcView.  I would be willing to make converted data available
for free download from my web site.  Thanks in advance for your
assistance Barbara Carroll GeoGRAFX

e-mail: [log in to unmask]

phone:  520-744-4457

fax: 520-744-3066

address: PO Box 177/Cortaro, AZ  85652

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

Barbara,

I recall using some ETOPO5 data in MapInfo.  I spoke with Peter Sloss and
he helped me select a format that I could import, though it may have
required an intermediate spreadsheet step.    Check the NGDC pages for
Dr. Sloss's address(es).

Dr. Stephen Baig

Oceanographer,

National Hurricane Center