From:
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2004 17:37:57 -0400
Subject: GeoBase Pricing
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 12:53:01 -0500
From: Jenny Marie Johnson <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Hi.

I was wondering if anyone has been stuck with a price for GeoBase that
is nearly double of what you paid last year.
According to the information that our e-resources acquisitions person
has sent to me, our cost is going from $6400 to between $12,000 and
$13,000.  Even though she had included in her e-mail "this is not a
typo!" I still couldn't believe it!

We haven't yet received the details/reasons behind the increase -- but I
can't imagine that it is because the database doubled in size!

Has anyone been able to negotiate a better price?  If so, how did you do
it?!

Thanks!

Jenny Marie Johnson
Map and Geography Librarian and
Assoc. Professor of Library Administration