From:
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2013 13:25:34 -0500
Subject:        63-64 vintage highway maps
Date:   Tue, 1 Oct 2013 14:22:12 -0400
From:   Grabach, Kenneth <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum
[[log in to unmask]] <[log in to unmask]>

Hello, colleagues.

My library is going to be celebrating the 50th anniversary of the
Freedom Summer rides next year.  A campus of a school that eventually
became part of my institution hosted training for many of the volunteers
who went south on the buses to try to get new voters registered.

I am looking for images of some highway maps (Mississippi or Alabama
would be ideal) from this period, especially 1964.  Or a map that was
published earlier but as an example of one that might have been used at
the time could also work.

If someone has such a map, and would be willing to share a scan of at
least a portion of the map, I would deeply appreciate your assistance.

--
Ken Grabach
Maps Librarian

513-529-1726