From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 07:52:40 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject: 1912 Admiralty Charts
Date: Tues, 12 Jul 2005 15:46:54 -0500
From: Nat Case <[log in to unmask]>
To: maps-l <[log in to unmask]>

All:

About seven years ago, I obtained a reproduction of the 1905 British
Admiralty North Atlantic general navigation chart, which I recall
from emails was the general chart in use at the time of the Titanic
disaster in 1912. Library of Congress provided a scan of the chart,
and we are now hoping to use that scan as the basis for an exhibit
display. The exhibitor is also interested in contemporary charts for
Cherbourg, Queenstown (Cork Ireland harbor) and perhaps the Channel.
I'm wondering who would know the edition current in April 1912 for
these charts, and who might have copies available for reproduction.
Approximate size would also be helpful.

--
Nat Case
Hedberg Maps, Inc