From:
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 14:22:33 EST
This message is from Pierre Lepine.-------------Johnnie

>From: [log in to unmask] (PIERRE LEPINE)
>Date: Thu,  7 Dec 1995 10:42:05 -0400
>Subject: Re: Aimee's name change

When I read "name change", I wondered what had happened so terrible to
Aimee as to force her to change her name.

Do you know that in Quebec (Canada), a woman always keeps her name,
even after her wedding. The Law recognizes that men and women are equal
before and after their wedding, and that each one keeps his/her name
and his/her own identity notwithstanding his/her marital status.

And it goes as far as this: children born from a couple may be named after
their father's name (for examble, Isabelle Quinn), their mother's name
(Isabelle Piscitelli), or both (Isabelle Piscitelli-Quinn), as long as
all the children born from that couple bear the same name (the decision
is taken once and for all when the first child is named).

Greetings to Mrs. Quinn (but isn't that also her mother-in-law...)

Bonne journee

Pierre Lepine
Bibliotheque nationale du Quebec
Montreal (Quebec, Canada)

P.S. Isabelle is the name of my daughter.