From:
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2013 08:19:07 -0500
Subject:        TPC & ONC duplicates
Date:   Thu, 14 Mar 2013 01:34:45 +0000
From:   Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
To:     AMC <[log in to unmask]>, mapsL <[log in to unmask]>,
Carto-soc <[log in to unmask]>

The National Library of Australia has the following duplicatTPC and ONCs
available to good homes.

TPC = Tactical {Pilotage Chart, 1:500,000 world series

ONC = operational navigation chart, 1:1,000,000 world series.

The list below includes Australian coverage.

The sheets will generally have library stamps and barcodes stuck on
their rear, and a pencilled call number on front. A very few have
plastic hanging strips attached too.

Where the TPCs have a G after the standard sheet number (eg L11AG), this
G is printed in blue and the sheet number proper in black. These sheets
seem to be British produced. I’m not sure if it means there’s a
different or additional grid, or if it simply relates to the GSGS
edition number (these sheets tend to have the style “Edition 4-GSGS”
rather than just “Edition 4”).

Let me know offlist if you wouldl ike to re-home any of these for us.

Sheet    edition

TPC

***********

C1d        4

C6a        1

C6b        1

C6c        1

C6d        1

C8b        6

C9c        4

C9d        7

D1b        4

D1c        8

D2a        6

D6a        1

D6b        1

D7a        1

D7c        3

D9d        4

D10b      6

D11b      10

[G18A] (Sectional Aeronautical chart, "San Francisco", 1969. No
aeronautical overprint)

G19A     9

G19B     12

G19C     14

G19D     13

G20B     13

G21B     15

H1A        2

H1B        5

H1C        2

H1D        2

H3A        4

H3C        1

H3D        1

H4A        3

H4C        1

H4D        1

H6A        5

H6B        7

H6C        7

H6D        4

H7A        4

H7D        5

H8B        4

H8C        4

H8D        4

H9A        4

H9B        4

H10C      2

H10D     3

H11A     4

H23B      14

J1B         1

J5D         1

J7D         3

J8A         2

J10A       4

J10D       4

L11AG   2

L11CG   2

L11D      3 (2 copies)

M5CG   1

M11AG 2

M11CG 1

M11DG 1

M12BG 2

M12DG 1

M13DG 1

M25A    2

N5D       1

N12AG  1

N12BG  1

N13B     2

P3b        1

P4b        2

P6a        1

P6b        1

P6c        1

P6d        1

P7b        1

P7d        1

p12b      2

p12c      2

p12d      4

p13a      2

p13b      2

p13c      1

P13D      1 (2 copies)

p13d      1

p14b      2

p14c      1

p14d      1

p15d      3

p16a      2

p16b      2

P16c      1

P16d      1

P17b      1

P26b      2

P28d      2

Q6b        1

q12a     2

q12b     1

q12c     1

q12d     2

q13a     1

q13b     1

q13c     1

q13d     1

q14a     1

Q14b     1

q14c     1

q14d     1

Q17c     1

Q28a     2

R1c        1

R12a      1

R12b      2

R13a      3

R13c      2

R15a      1

R15C      1

R15D      1

S11b      1

S13A      1

S13B      1

S13D      1

T18A      1

T18b      2

U18c     1

U18d     1

U19a     1

U19C     1

****************************

ONC

********

A0           1

C2           13

[C8]        (i.e. WAC CC8,  dated 1972. No aeronautical overprint.)

[C9]        (i.e. WAC CC9,  dated 1972. No aeronautical overprint.)

D2           10

F10         10

F16         8

F18         10

F2           15

F3           13

F9           6

G19        12

G21        12

G21        12

G22        3

G24        4

G8          4

H22        12

H4           9

H5           7

H5           7

J8            7

L10         7

L6           4

Dr Brendan Whyte

Assistant Curator of Maps

National Library of Australia

Parkes Place

Parkes

ACT 2600

AUSTRALIA

Ph: +61 2 6262 1192

Fax: +61 2 6262 1653

http://www.nla.gov.au/map/index.html

“Our public libraries contain all the books of the past which time has
preserved; those books, for the reasons above stated, are infinitely
better than any can write nowadays; and they are open to all to read
without cost. We are not such fools as to pay for reading inferior
books, when we can read superior books for nothing.” -- Lord Lytton,
“The Coming Race”, ch.17