Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 1994 23:06:17 EST
Sir:

I've noticed a number of requests for information regarding
cartographic software.  The latest one--from M. Brill at Duke
University prompts me to send this message.  An easy to use yet
powerful software used in Windows is MapViewer from Golden Software
in Golden, Colo.  One can draw lines, curves (actually many small
lines), squares, etc.  One can link a map to a spreadsheet and create
numerous types of maps: proportional circle, hatch, dot, prism, etc.
One can import numerous formats--including PCX from the DCW.  Its
hardly perfect, but it is inexpensive (ca. $250 I think) and VERY
useful.

Bruce Robin
Technician
University of Ottawa Map Library