From:
Robert Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 1997 09:43:41 EST

Does anyone have a good copy of the USGS topographic map of the Pennsylvania
Carnegie Quadrangle (15', Nov. 16, 1920)? I ordered a copy of the entire quad
from the USGS, but the photographic reproduction they sent from Roll 177,
Frame 438 is so dark that is was useless for the Stowe Township area I'm
interested in: the south bank of the Ohio River from the Neville Island
bridge to the mouth of Chartiers Creek, and extending west to the old
Pittsburgh and Moon Run RR right-of-way. I want to use the Stowe Township
street layout to help locate my mother's childhood home.

I would really like to have a detailed map such as a Sandborn plat from any
of the years 1918 through 1921, but at this time Stowe Township was, I
believe, just outside the south bank platted area.

Please contact me at [log in to unmask] if you can supply a scanned or
hardcopy version of the area described; be sure to include any cost involved.

Many thanks,

Sandra Edwards
Oak Ridge, TN