From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia R. Hetrick
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:09:00 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 21:23:50 -0700
From: "Virginia R. Hetrick" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Boring! Boring! Boring!
Sender: "Virginia R. Hetrick" <[log in to unmask]>

Howdy, everybody -

Some of you know that I've gotten bored by retirement.  So, I've been
out scouting the job market for a few months.  I was offered a
consulting job by the Cushing Practice, which focuses on object-oriented
middleware, earlier this week along with several other offers.  They've
put me on a project with DirecTV (the folks who deal with the little
satellite dishes and sell the service that runs through the dishes) for
the first few months.  The Cushing Practice has been bought by Ciber and
so will become something different shortly after I begin working there
(NO causal relationship ;-).

I appreciate those of you who were rooting for me to move near you, but
that's not going to happen.  The first spot I'll be working is in El
Segundo, which is across Imperial Highway from LAX.  El Segundo is the
town that has a sign in stone on an embankment that you can see from the
left side windows when taking off toward the ocean saying, "Don't turn
until plane is over ocean!".  The other trivia about El Segundo is that
it was the location of "The Second" Chevron refinery, thus the town
name.  The office where I'll be working is on the 15th floor with an
outstanding view out to Catalina Island.  ;-)

I start next Wednesday. My email and contact information will remain the
same.

vh
--
\ /     Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
 0      Voicemail:  310.471.1766  Email:  [log in to unmask]