From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2010 11:18:47 -0500
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Kenneth A. Mr. Grabach" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Air Photo Maps, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 7, 2010 10:46:50 AM
Subject: subject cataloging -- Maps, Tourist heading

Has the form subdivision for Maps, Tourist changed recently? While doing some subject authority checking on a new edition of a tourist map of Nova Scotia, I am getting some conflicting information on the subject heading and form subdivision.

Authority records appear for various places, with subdivision, Maps, Tourist. I can control the authority for Nova Scotia Maps, but not for the one I have been using. Some conflicting information shows up when searching authority records for Tourism, Maps, and for Tourist maps. Can anyone shed light on this?

Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>

Maps Librarian Phone: 513-529-1726

Miami University Libraries

Oxford, Ohio 45056 USA