From:
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:12:25 -0500
Subject: RE: Storage of Aerial Photos
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:31:20 -0700
From: David Jones <[log in to unmask]>
To: "'Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum'" <[log in to unmask]>

------------------

Hi Folks

We have a large collection of air photos - around 800,000 in the 'active
collection'.  These are stored in document boxes (AKA Hollinger boxes) -
generally flip top and approx 12x10x5 inches.  The boxes are stored on
regular library shelving. These are in a staff only area with 24 hr
turn-around on request (although often we can pull photos more quickly).

The air photo indexes are stored in map cabinets in the public area.

David

David L. Jones, Map Librarian
William C. Wonders Map Collection
Science & Technology Library
1-26 Cameron Library
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2J8
voice  (780)492-3433     fax   (780)492-2721
e-mail   [log in to unmask]