From:
Angela R Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2015 11:10:22 +0000
Forwarded by Angie

From: A forum for issues related to map & spatial data librarianship <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Fleet, Christopher <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 8, 2015 4:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Scottish map news - latest issue of Cairt

We have just sent out our July 2015 issue of 'Cairt: the Scottish Maps Forum newsletter'.

You can view a PDF of this online at: http://www.nls.uk/media/1175993/cairt27.pdf

It is also available with back issues from this page: http://www.nls.uk/collections/maps/subject-info/cairt

In this issue:

   New online Land Utilisation Survey maps of Scotland (1931-35): http://maps.nls.uk/series/land-utilisation-survey/index.html

   Other new website resources:

        OS 25 inch Scotland, 1892-1905 georeferenced layer: http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=5&lat=56.0000&lon=-4.0000&layers=168

        OS 25 inch England maps, 1841-1952 (south-east England only so far): http://maps.nls.uk/os/25inch-england-and-wales/index.html

        New detailed gazetteers for searching Timothy Pont's maps (ca. 1583-1614): http://maps.nls.uk/pont/

        Roy's Roads website update: http://www.roysroads.co.uk/

    Forthcoming map books - 'Glasgow: Mapping the City' and 'The Scottish Railway Atlas'

    Forthcoming map exhibition: James Robertson: The Shetlander who mapped Jamaica

    New insights on John Ogilby

    John Home's Scottish estate plans in the National Records of Scotland

    Recent publications relating to Scottish cartography

    Plus... a chance to win 'The Scottish Railway Atlas' in our Cairt competition

Chris Fleet
National Library of Scotland
159 Causewayside
EDINBURGH
EH9 1PH
United Kingdom.

Tel. 0131 623 4670
Fax. 0131 623 3971
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Map Images website: http://maps.nls.uk

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

National Library of Scotland, Scottish Charity, No: SCO11086

This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee please inform the sender and delete the email from your system. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of National Library of Scotland. This message is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. No liability is accepted for any harm that may be caused to your systems or data by this message.

www.nls.uk