From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:31:25 -0600
Subject:        Re: Conspiracy of Science
Date:   Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:14:39 -0800
From:   Brian Bach <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

You can't see it, but there's actually a giant hypodermic needle behind the rotating globe, injecting a mixture of water and peptic gas into our planet. The resulting bloat factor has created the Earth we know and love today.

Sorry to burlesque this, but it's interesting to notice the influence that motion picture special effects, video games, and widely-accessible computer technology have had on serious science. In the great tradition of the quake sequence in 'San Francisco' (1936) and the parting of the Red Sea in 'The Ten Commandments' (1923 and 1956), this Expanding Earth Show fits into a contemporary Spielberg production quite handily. Perhaps Universal Pictures will consult Neal Adams when they wish to alter their logo into a more dramatic and wondrous presentation.

Brian

Brian P. Bach
Documents/Maps
Brooks Library
Central Washington University
400 E. University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7548
USA
http://www.amazon.com/Calcuttas-Edifice-Buildings-Great-City/dp/8129104156

>>> Angela R Cope <[log in to unmask]> 11/15/2008 1:48 PM >>>
This video is a Neal Adams animation about his theory that the Earth is growing. This collides with the Pangea theory. Watch it, you will be amazed.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&resnum=0&q=The+Expanding+Earth+Theory&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#

Angie