From:
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:41:27 -0500
Subject:        GIFT MAPS-USGS etc.
Date:   Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:36:37 -0700
From:   Marilee J. Ohnstad <[log in to unmask]>

Sally Scott, Head of the Brinkerhoff geology library, University of
Wyoming Libraries is offering miscellaneous maps to United States
libraries. Libraries may make requests with assurance of postage
reimbursement.  Contact Marilee Ohnstad at [log in to unmask] with your
request.

US libraries: When your package arrives, examine the box for the postage
cost and mail shipping reimbursement to

The University Libraries
Brinkerhoff Earth Resources Information Center
Dept. 3006
1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071

Great Northern Plains 1974

Geologic Map Plate A-3  very torn on edges

Surface Ownership Plate 10      some tears on edges

Oil and Gas Investigations Preliminary Maps

Map 31: Geology of Northwest End of the Wind River Mountains, Sublette
County WY 1945   folded with some tears in creases

Map 92: Geology of the Glendo Area WY 1949      Sheets 1-2 of 2

American Geographical Society Atlas of Diseases Maps and Text   all maps
have slight tears

Plate 10: Distribution of Rickettsial Diseases 1. Louse-Borne and
Flea-Borne Typhus     Sheet 1 of 2

Plate 11: Distribution of Rickettsial Diseases 2. Tick-Born and
Mite-Borne Forms        Sheet 2 of 2

Plate 13: Explored Areas of Arthropod-Borne Viral Infections (Yellow
Fever and Dengue Excepted)

Plate 14: World Distribution of Leishmaniases

Plate 15: World Distribution of Spirochetal Diseases 1. Yaws, Pinta,
Bejel      Sheet 1 of 2

Plate 16: World Distribution of Spirochetal Diseases 2. Relapsing Fevers
(Louse-Borne and Tick-Borne)

Coal Investigations Maps 1955

Map C 24: Geology of the Northern Part of the Girard Coal Field,
Richland County MT     Sheets 1-2 of 2

Oil and Gas Investigations Maps 1959

Map 4: Magnetometer Map and Survey of Corson, Dewey, and Ziebach
Counties SD

Map OM 199: Geology of the Lewistown Area, Fergus County MT

Geophysical Investigations Maps

Map GP 150: Aeromagnetic Map of the Laredo Quadrangle, Bearpaw Mountains
MT 1957

Map GP 151: Aeromagnetic Map of the Shambo Quadrangle, Bearpaw Mountains
MT 1957

Map GP 152: Aeromagnetic Map of Part of the Centennial Mountain
Quadrangle, Bearpaw Mountains MT 1957

Map GP 153: Aeromagnetic Map of Part of the Warrick Quadrangle, Bearpaw
Mountains MT 1957

Map GP 382: Aeromagnetic Map of the Yantic Quadrangle, Blain and Hill
Counties MT 1963

Map GP 383: Aeromagnetic Map of the Chinook Quadrangle, Blaine County MT
1963

Map GP 384: Aeromagnetic Map of Part of the Lloyd Quadrangle, Blaine and
Hill Counties MT 1963

Map GP 385: Aeromagnetic Map of the Cleveland Quadrangle, Blaine County
MT 1963

Map GP 670: Aeromagnetic Map of the Custer-Rapid City Area, Southwestern
SD 1969

Map GP 903: Bouguer Gravity, Aeromagnetic, and Generalized Geologic Maps
of Part of the Black Hills SD/WY 1975  Map and Text

Map GP 995: Complete Bouguer Gravity, Isostatic Residual Gravity, and
Related Geophysical Maps Centered on the Idaho Batholith and Challis
Volcanic Field, Northwestern United States 1992      Sheets 1-2 of 2

Mineral Resource Investigations Maps

Map 3: Magnetometer Map of Southeastern SD 1962

Map 4: Vertical-Intensity Magnetic Map SD 1967

Hydraulic Investigation Maps

Atlas HA 355 : Hydrology of the Rosebud Indian Reservation SD 1971
Sheets 1-2 of 2

Mineral Investigations Maps

Map MF 120 : Uranium Deposits and Principal Ore-bearing Formations of
the Cordilleran Foreland Region 1958      Sheet 1: Maps Sheet 2: Text

Field Studies Map MF 128: Preliminary Tectonic Map of Western SD,
Showing the Distribution of Uranium Deposits 1957

Geologic Quadrangle Maps

Map GQ 597: Arsenic Peak Quadrangle MT 1967

Map GQ 828: Rapid City West Quadrangle SD 1969

Map GQ 898: Barker Quadrangle MT 1971

Map GQ 991: Castle Reef Quadrangle MT 1972      Surficial Geology

Map GQ 1240: Rocky Reef Quadrangle MT 1975

Map GQ 1241: Hardy Quadrangle MT 1975

Geologic Maps and Text

Eagleton Quadrangle MT 1953

Vaughn Quadrangle MT 1961

Wolf Point Quadrangle MT 1955

Miscellaneous Field Studies Maps

Map MF 1243 A: Reconnaissance Geologic Map of the Big Snowies Wilderness
and Contiguous Rare II Study Areas,Fergus, Golden Valley, and Wheatland
Counties MT 1980

Map MF 1243 B: Aeromagnetic Map of the Big Snowies Wilderness and
Contiguous Rare II Study Areas,Fergus, Golden Valley, and Wheatland
Counties MT 1981

Map MF 1243 C: Complete Bouguer Gravity Map of the Big Snowies
Wilderness and Contiguous Rare II Study Areas,Fergus, Golden Valley, and
Wheatland Counties MT 1981

Map MF 1243 D: Reconnaissance Geochemical Map of the Big Snowies
Wilderness and Contiguous Rare II Study Areas,Fergus, Golden Valley, and
Wheatland Counties MT 1980

Map MF 1243 E: Mineral Resource Potential Map of the Big Snowies
Wilderness and Contiguous Rare II Study Areas,Fergus, Golden Valley, and
Wheatland Counties MT 1982    Map and Text

Map MF 1325: Seismicity Map SD 1981

Map MF 1978-1: Map Showing Locations of Mines, Prospects, and Patented
Mining Claims, and Classification of Mineral Deposits in the Silver City
7 1/2 Minute Quadrangle, Black Hills SD 1988

Miscellaneous Investigations Series Maps

Map I 1362: Geologic Map and Discussion of Selected Mineral Resources of
the North and South Moccasin Mountain, Fergus County MT 1982   Map and Text

Map I 1729: Geologic Map of the Judith Mountains, Fergus County MT 1988

Miscellaneous Geologic Investigations Maps

Map I 129: Geology of the Kenilworth Quadrangle MT 1956 2 copies

Map I 130: Geology of the Big Sandy Quadrangle MT 1956  2 copies

Map I 225: Geologic and Structure Contour Map of the Fort Peck Indian
Reservation and Vicinity MT 1956

Map I 234: Preliminary General Map of the Laredo Quadrangle, Bearpaw
Mountains MT 1957

Map I 235: Preliminary Geologic Map of the Centennial Mountain
Quadrangle, Bearpaw Mountains MT 1957

Ma I 236: Preliminary Geologic Map of the Shambo Quadrangle, Bearpaw
Mountains MT 1957

Map I 237: Preliminary Geologic Map of the Warrick Quadrangle, Bearpaw
Mountains MT 1957

Map I 338: Geology of the Boxelder Quadrangle MT 1961

Map I 349: Geology of the Eagle Buttes Quadrangle, Chouteau County M 1962

Map I 353: Geology of the Eskay Quadrangle, Chouteau and Blaine Counties
MT 1962

Map I 662: Geologic Map of the Scenic Area, Shannon and Custer Counties
SD 1971

Map I 726: Geologic Map of the West Half of the Neihart 15-Minute
Quadrangle, Central MT 1972

Miscellaneous Maps

Panel Diagram: Subsurface Formations SD 1953

Missouri Basin Studies No. 13: Metallic Mineral Deposits SD 1947

Marilee Ohnstad
Library Assistant Senior
The University Libraries
Brinkerhoff Earth Resources Information Center
Dept. 3006
1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071

"There is no square on the earth as rich as Wyoming in its fossil forms
of ancient life.  From the Permian, at the close of the Paleozoic, to
modern annals, nearly all the life that has ever lived upon the earth
can be found within the limits of this State."  W. H. Reed, Curator,
Museum, University of Wyoming from The Fossil Fields of Wyoming: Reports
by Members of the Union Pacific Expedition, 1909, Rep. 1970.