From:
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1993 12:13:44 EDT
These messages concerning MAGERT business were sent in by April Carlucci.
--------- Johnnie

------------------------------

      Fri Sep 10 15:28:32 EDT 1993
         MAGERT conference arrangements

Re: MAGERT hotel arrangements for Midwinter, Los Angeles, Feb 1994

As of today, negotiations are still underway regarding the MAGERT hotel for
the Midwinter meeting in Los Angeles.  It is my intention to have a MAGERT
hotel, and I expect negotiations to be completed early next week.  An
announcement about the hotel will be made in the October issue of baseline.
In order to be fair to our members who do not have e-mail facilities, an
announcement will not be made on maps-l until baseline is out.  However,
should there be difficulty in securing a hotel in Los Angeles, an announcement
will be made on maps-l so that members can go through ALA Housing, an option I
am trying to avoid.

Re: MAGERT hotel arrangements for Annual, Miami, June 1994

There has been a lot of confusion in the press about Annual.  I have it from
Conference Services in Chicago today that the exhibits and the bulk of the
meetings for Annual will be at the Miami Beach Convention Center, and the
headquarters hotel will be the Fontainebleau.  That's Miami Beach--out on an
island accessible by causeway--NOT Miami, the big city on the mainland.
However, even ALA hasn't got much definite yet, as their people are in Miami
Beach today making arrangements.  As there are not enough hotel rooms in Miami
Beach for an Annual, I expect there to be difficulties.  There are questions
about public transportation in Miami Beach, and of course questions of safety.
The Executive Board of MAGERT is taking all these factors into consideration
before making any final arrangements.  Please be patient.

Re: MAGERT committee assignments

I apologize for the delay in making committee assignments for 1993-94, which
has been due to unavoidable circumstances.  Committee assignments should be
made by the end of September.

April Carlucci
Chair, MAGERT
Map Division, The New York Public Library