From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:29:53 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:43:16 +0000
From: Mike Shand <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
Subject: TANZANIA - Kagera

URGENT REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
(apologies for cross-posting)

As part of a research project relating to Food Security in the Kagera
Region of Tanzania I am in the process of undertaking some GIS and
cartographic work to illustrate the final report.  The final maps are
expected to be at 1:1,000,000 scale.

I currently have access to maps and digital data for Kagera Region in
Tanzania.  However I am a bit suspicous of the deliniation of some of the
WARD and DISTRICT boundaries.

I would therefore like to request if any of the list members have access to
the following official Regional and District Maps for Tanzania and would be
willing to lend, photocopy or scan them to allow me to check against my own
data.

1:250,000 SERIES
Kabale SA-36-5
Bukoba SA-36-6
Biharamulo SA-36-9
Mwanza SA-36-10
Kibondo SA-36-12
Kahama SA-36-14

REGION & DISTRICT SERIES
Karagwe 1:200.000
Bukoba 1:250,000
Muleba 1:250,000
Ngara 1:100,000
Biharamulo 1:250,0000

Thanking you in anticipation,

Mike Shand

Mike Shand,  M.App.Sci., FBCartS.          Tel: Direct     0141-330-4780
Senior Cartographer,                       E-mail: [log in to unmask]
CartoGraphics Unit,                        Fax:            0141-330-4894
Dept. of Geography & Topographic Science,
University of Glasgow.                     Honorary Secretary:
GLASGOW, G12 8QQ,                          SOCIETY OF CARTOGRAPHERS
Scotland, U.K.

Web Site:       http://users.geog.gla.ac.uk/~mshand
or              http://mshand.geog.gla.ac.uk/

TANZANIA    http://mshand.geog.gla.ac.uk/ATLAS%20OF%20TANZANIA/atlas.htm