From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 May 2009 10:19:47 -0500
Subject:        RE: nautical chart practices
Date:   Tue, 12 May 2009 11:17:54 -0400
From:   Robar, Terri J. <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

We were also looking for a way to streamline our records here at UM. Individual bib records for each edition of each chart was just crazy. So, I've been downloading the serial records from OCLC which has cut the number of bibs to a fraction of what we were getting from MARCIVE.

Terri J. Robar
Maps & Special Formats Librarian
Education and Outreach
Otto G. Richter Library