From:
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:52:44 -0500
Subject: RE: Atlas Suggestions
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:54:46 -0000
From: Carlucci, April <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum' <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Joan

For a straightforward geographical atlas in English, if you have the money
(beg if necessary), buy the Times Atlas of the World, presently on sale at
Amazon for just over $150. That's the biggest and the best, hands down. If
you can't afford that, there is a concise edition for less money. If you
want to spend considerably less money, there are any number of various
editions of world atlases available from Rand McNally, National Geographic,
Hammond and Oxford University Press which should all do the job. I have a
particular fondness for the RM Goode's World Atlas ($36) because it includes
an especially wide variety of thematic maps.

Hope this helps.

April Carlucci
Cataloguing Manager and Curator of Modern Maps
British Library Map Collections