From:
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:09:55 -0500
Subject: Re: [Fwd: color standards in maps]
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:40:45 -0600
From: Nat case <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

------------------

Roland:

http://www.iso.ch/iso/en/CatalogueListPage.CatalogueList?ICS1=1&ICS2=80&ICS3=30

Except for geological maps there appears to be no international
standard for symbolization. I thought I had heard that the
International Cartographic Association was working with ISO on
something. Is that true?

Otherwise, I'd say its between him and the client... it may well be
that the client's users will be confused by variance ala Streetwise's
purple water. I don't think there is an easy solution to clients who
want to design your map for you.

Nat Case
Hedberg Maps
--