From:
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:47:26 -0500
Subject: RE: [Fwd: Storage of Aerial Photos]
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:34:36 -0600
From: "Booth, Arlyn" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "'Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum'" <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
We used to keep our aerial photos in accordian folders shelved in
regular
office filing cabinets, until a few years ago. One of the problems with
that
arrangement was that the drawers weren't quite deep enough to keep the
top
of the aerial photos from rubbing against the bottom of the drawer
immediately above it unless you let the folder "slouch" a little, which
causes the photos to curl.  So, a few years ago, I found some cabinets
that
are a little bit deeper and now the folders can stand up straight
without
rubbing the top of the drawer above. I then looked for some acid free
folders in which to put the photos, one flight line per folder, like we
had
before. I looked in the regular library supplier catalogs but didn't
find
any thick or strong enough. I'm still open to suggestions.

Arlyn
Illinois State Library