From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arsenault, Ken
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:32:56 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 10:37:59 -0400
From: "Arsenault, Ken" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: atlas prototype
Sender: "Arsenault, Ken" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: "Frappier, Joanne" <[log in to unmask]>

The National Atlas of Canada has just created and released a prototype
of a resource atlas for web users.  In creating this atlas many graphic
and cartographic problems were identified ie. Colour, image size,
symbology, legends, to name a few.  As this is a new field that
cartographers are now starting to work in, it would be helpful to have
other map makers look at what we have done and offer their evaluation.
I would also like to gather as much information as available about
publishing maps on the web.  Any advice or web sites dealing with this
issue would be appreciated.

Please respond to my address rather than maps-l.

The URL for the Resource Atlas is:
http://ccrs-gad1.cgdi.gc.ca/resources/

Regards,
Ken Arsenault