From:
"March, Greg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2017 20:07:30 +0000
Jon,

The UT Maps Collection is comprised of a large collection of federal and state gov doc maps, various atlases, and a large collection of thematic maps. The earliest maps in the UTK map collection are our 15' and 30' USGS topographic maps, and we also have a large collection of Tennessee Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps (except Knoxville).

The UT Special Collections (separate from Research Collections) houses numerous rare maps which includes the Knoxville Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps.  I'll go ahead and fill out the survey Monday that Hallie mentioned.

-Greg

Gregory H. March
Associate Professor
Map & Government Information Librarian
University of Tennessee
152 Hodges Library
Knoxville, TN 37996
865-974-3878
Research Guides - Anthropology, Earth & Planetary Sciences, Geography, Maps, Government
Tennessee Committee on Geographic Names