Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 1994 12:09:36 EDT
1.  Email WAML IB: it develops that I have to be
in Minnesota 8/13-8/30 (cleverly enough, out of
the reach of email), which makes my putting out
the first issue of the email WAML IB News and Notes
during the month of August impossible.  I'll send
out first email issue (remember, it's experimental
for this volume year, so you have lots of time
to make comments) about the second week of September.
My initial plan is to put it out monthly.  Whatever
the frequency, what appears in the email version
will appear in the news-and-notes portion of
the hard-copy, thrice-a-year IB.
2.  I have finally finished inputting on diskette the
changes that the SLA Representative to AACCCM - Dorothy
McGarry - and the ALA MAGERT Representative and the WAML
Representative - both yours truly - put together at
ALA Midwinter.  It's in Word, version 5.5 (DOS
version). If you would like the opportunity to
request changes in Cartographic Materials, and would
like a copy of the diskette, send a HIGH DENSITY
3.5" or 5.25" diskette to me at:
M. Larsgaard
Map and Imagery Lab, Library
University of California
Santa Barbara  CA 93106

Note that I'll be gone the rest of August, so
you won't receive anything until mid-September.
I also plan to put it into ascii and load it
on the Lab's ftp site, but that will be
a least a month and perhaps longer before I get to it.

Mary Larsgaard