From:
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:01:29 -0500
Subject: Re: Large format scanners
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:03:16 -0400
From: Joshua Davidowitz <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

I'm glad that this topic got brought up, although I was interested
finding the services of a large format scanner for my own private use.

I've obtained a number of maps of the 1940s-70s vintage and although
I'd like to keep them, I don't have room for them at home. I only have
a personal letter/A4 size scanner at home and was hoping to find a
large format scanner to scan these maps in the New York City area
(with reasonable costs) before trying to find somewhere to donate
them. The two largest sizes I have roughly measure 22" x 30" and 25" x
38"

Any suggestions on where to go?

Thanks in advance,
Joshua
--
Joshua Davidowitz

"My cello has been transported on mules, camels, trucks, rowboats,
droshkie, bicycles, gondolas, jeeps, a submarine off Italy, subways,
trams, sleds, junks, and on a stretcher in Amalfi.  But by far the
most racking experience of all is when, in full dress, I must
transport the cello in my own hands across the stage each time I have
to play."
-Gregor ("Grisha") Piatigorsky