From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:27:42 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject: re: question about preservation
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005
From: Victoria Packard <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

Hello All,

I have a question and hope someone will have an answer.

We are addressing the problem of silverfish and other bugs.  We live in
south Texas and do not have a problem now, but would like to prevent
problems in the future.  One of the geographers here  has mentioned
using Permethrin.  Spraying it on cloths and placing it in the map
drawers. I was told it will kill all types of bugs.  I have never heard
of the product and am worried about what it will do to the maps.

My question is what do you use for bug prevention that doesn't cost a
lot.  I love paper maps, but the geosciences people (where it's housed)
are not as smitten with paper and we cannot spend alot of money.

Thank you for you help and ideas.
Victoria