From:
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:11:22 -0500
Subject: MasterMap query
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:34:50 -0000
From: "Fleet, Christopher" <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Forwarded on behalf of Jan Smits - please reply directly to him at:
mailto:[log in to unmask]

Dear Colleagues,

After several operations since 17 June 2003, chemotherapy and
radio-therapy
to fight a cancer in the face, I am at the moment recovering and hope to
be
able to function near to normal at the end of this year, the beginning
of
next year. Recovering means also that I start again to get interested in
work again and I wonder if somebody can help me with the following
question.

In an article I am writing I mention the &#8216;Geography Markup
Language&#8217; (OPENGIS (2003). OpenGIS ® Geography Markup Language
(GML)
Implementation Specification. OGC 02-023r4. Version 3.00. 2003-01-29.
paradigm
for cartography or spatial visualisation. Of course I tried to find
examples
on the Internet of maps which were created with GML but couldn&#8217;t
find
any. Has any of you already seen examples of this GML-technology and if
yes
could you send me the Internet-addresses on which I can view them.

As I am still on sick-leave I have to use an amateuristic e-mail service
for
the moment. You can reach me at:

or
Abraham Kuyperlaan 57a
3038 PD Rotterdam
The Netherlands

I hope our British colleagues can agree on organising the next
conference
somewhere in Great-Britain. Though no longer functioning as mapcurator
in my
library I hope to be able to meet you there next year.

With kind regards,

Jan Smits
Ex-President/Secretary GdC de LIBER