From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Crotteau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:44:14 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:07:03 -0700
From: Mark Crotteau <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Map series as integrating resources?
Sender: Mark Crotteau <[log in to unmask]>

As a member of the CC:DA Task Force reviewing the proposed revisions to Chapter 12 of AACR2, I have been assigned the task of gathering opinions as to whether map series should be included among integrating resources.  This relates to the proposal by Jean Hirons to redefine ongoing bibliographic entities lacking discrete issues, such as looseleaf publications and some websites, as something that is neither serial nor monograph.  There have been some suggestions that map series might fall into this category, but I don't know that anyone has expressed a definite opinion on this issue.  The Task Force plans to discuss the relevant issues at ALA Mid-Winter, and any input that I receive before that time will be shared with the Task Force.  Please feel free to respond to me personally.  Thanks in advance.

Mark Crotteau
Albertsons Library
Boise State University
Boise, ID  <[log in to unmask]>