From:
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 1996 16:10:51 EDT
2 messages...----------------------------------Johnnie

>Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 15:50:31 -0400 (EDT)
>From: william j thornton <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: USGS sending "shipping" lists

We received all three lists and the maps and will gladly send copies
of the lists if you want.

On Wed, 9 Oct 1996, Peter Stark wrote:

> Dear MAPS-L folk;
>     Have any others had USGS shipping list problems this year?  We just
> received USGS sending list number 96-24, topographic maps of eastern
> states, which made me look into the 1996 sending list folder.  Here is
> what I discovered:
>
> Never received sending list (or the maps) for # 96-7;
>
> Never received sending list (but did recieve some maps) for # 96-14-[GM];
>
> Never received sending list (or the maps) for # 96-21;
>
> Received a corrected sending list #96-22 in US Mail, but not the maps
> (BLM maps, currently being claimed).
>
> Has anyone else had this experience?  Please post to the list.
>
> I would appreciate copies of sending lists 96-7, 96-14, and 96-21 or at
> least knowing what has been missed.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Peter Stark
> MAP Library
> 165 Condon Hall
> University of Oregon
> Eugene, OR  97403
>
> (541) 346-3051

>Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 14:04:44 -0600 (MDT)
>From: Thiry <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: USGS sending "shipping" lists

Peter,

>     Have any others had USGS shipping list problems this year?  We just
> received USGS sending list number 96-24, topographic maps of eastern
> states, which made me look into the 1996 sending list folder.  Here is
> what I discovered:
>
> Never received sending list (or the maps) for # 96-7;
>
> Never received sending list (but did recieve some maps) for # 96-14-[GM];
>
> Never received sending list (or the maps) for # 96-21;

96-7  is 3 segements of the Ground water atlas of the US:  HA-730-B,
HA-730-C, and HA-730-K.

96-14 is a group of 16 usgs thematic maps.  if i remember right, they
came in an envolope which looked exactly like other depository materials
envolopes.  you might check with your gov't docs people.

96-21 is list of topos.

Have everyone noticed the dramatic drop in items sent out by usgs during
this last fisical year.  Up until Oct 4 last year,  USGS sent out 44
shipments.  After Oct 5, only 2 came.  THis year only 24 have come.  And
the shipments are not larger (like they are doubling the amount they are
sending, and thus saving postage).  What is the story??  I strongly
suspect that it has to do with gov't cut backs.  This shipping list 24 is
the first bunch of 7.5' topos sent since the beginning of august.

my 2 cents

--christopher jj thiry
map librarian
colorado school of mines