Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:28:33 -0600
Subject:        RE: Question of possibility of a note in map cataloging to
show source of coordinates
Date:   Mon, 30 Oct 2006 11:25:02 -0800
From:   Pat Horn Fell <[log in to unmask]>
To:     'Moorhouse, Violet' <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>
CC:     <[log in to unmask]>

I solved my original problem by repeating the latitude and longitude in 034
$e and $g. Connexion was fine with that. This solution was offered by my map
cataloging maven (who is also my boss, so it must be the locally correct
way-to-go).

The coordinates I'm using are from a gazetteer of California place names. A
note citing the gazetteer might be useful but more so would be some way of
indicating that these are central, not bounding coordinates.

Thanks for your thoughtful responses.

Cheers,

Pat Fell