From:
"Brill, Margaret" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Aug 1994 17:48:25 EDT

    I attended a seminar on Digital Orthophotography a couple of weeks ago,
sponsored by the NC Center for Geographic Information and Analysis.  I learned
that although NC was flown last year by NAPP, the $2m contribution which the
state must make in matching funds for the USGS cooperative program has not yet
been approved.  There is some opposition to the program on the grounds that
1:12,000 is not detailed enough coverage.  Those of us who support it have been
asked to express our interest to the Secretary of the Environment.

    I am sending this message out to alert Map and Documents Librarians that
there may be a similar situation in other states.  You might want to find out
what the status of the funding is in your state and what you can do to support
it.

Margaret Brill
Duke University
Durham, NC

--LAA07860.777309228/iliad.lib.duke.edu--